The CLC Approach is an emergent, child centered approach based on multiple intelligences.
An emergent curriculum is one that builds upon the interests of children. Topics for study are captured from the talk of children, through community or family events, as well as the known interests of children. Team planning is an essential component of the emergent curriculum. Teachers work together to formulate hypotheses about the possible directions of a project, the materials needed, and possible parent and/or community support and involvement.
The CLC Approach consists of the following:
- Reggio Emilia inspired educational approach
- Skills Development (Montessori Inspired)
- Reading Program (Early Literacy)
- Child Psychology based Approach
- Ethics and Character Education