CLC staff members are chosen with great care by the management.
- All teachers must be fluent in English or in French.
- All teachers should show a passion for teaching preschoolers and an ability to learn and research.
- CLC follows a non-discrimination policy where we are by no means critical of any race, religion, or gender.
- We are keen on having two teachers in the class, rather than a teacher and an assistant. This is to ensure having a proper, fluent atmosphere for all children during their time at CLC.
- At CLC, we follow an international adult to child ratio which varies according to the age of the children. For toddlers till 2 yrs, 1 adult per 5 children. 1 adult per 8 children for age 2.6 and 1 adult per 10 children for older ages.
- Teachers refrain from speaking Arabic. They are asked to encourage the children to use the language they are learning but they do not punish the children if they speak in Arabic which is most of the time the child’s native language.
- All teachers must be university graduates, with either some experience with children, or showing high potential with proper training.
- All teachers and staff members undergo professional monthly trainings related to teaching methods, classroom management, how to deal with behavior problems, how to teach nursery children to optimize their growth as well as Reggio related trainings and other child psychology related or self-development trainings
- CLCian staff members are asked to attend all the monthly trainings and submit the training assessments in order to obtain the CLCian Educator certificate.
ONLY CURRENT OR FORMER CLCIAN STAFF MEMBERS WHO HOLD THIS CERTIFICATE ARE CONSIDERED CLCIAN TEACHERS WHO COMPLETELY ATTENDED AND PERFECTLY APPLIED CLC'S PROFESSIONAL TEACHERS TRAINING AND SHOWED SIGNIFICANT UNDERSTANDING AND APPLICATION OF THIS TRAINING OVER A PERIOD OF ONE WHOLE YEAR OR MORE IN CLC.
- All teachers are subjected to a professional semiannual evaluation that assesses the extent to which the teacher is applying all CLC’s approach related details during her work with the children. The evaluation results decide whether the teacher should be promoted, demoted or dismissed. Also, the evaluation ensures maintaining the quality of teaching that CLCian teachers provide to the children during their recruitment period in CLC.
Who is the CLCian Teacher?
- The CLCian Staff Promise to the CLCian Child
Want to become a CLCian Staff Member? Go to: CLC CAREERS